The tour schedule for the 2021 season is now full.
Pack up your first grade students and come on over to Stepp’s Hillcrest Orchard for a HANDS-ON FARM EXPERIENCE and EDUCATIONAL ORCHARD-FARM TOUR. Your first graders will participate in an interactive educational farm lesson on what plants need to survive; ride on a tractor pulled wagon; explore a corn maze; take a guided walk through the pumpkin patch; drink a cup of local fresh apple cider. Take a self-guided walk through the Nature Trail.
- Weekday Tours – 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Teacher and Assistant – No Charge.
- Picnic Area Available
Let us do the teaching for you as you trade your classroom for the farm . Your first graders will be excited about visiting our apple orchard while acquiring hands on learning that correlates with NC Essential Standards.
Science: 1L.1 1L1.1 1L.1.2 1L.2
Healthful Living: 1NPA2.1
All School Tours include:
- WAGON RIDE – Tractor pulled wagon ride with tour guide;
- INTERACTIVE EDUCATION FARM LESSON
- CORN MAZE – One-half Acre Educational Corn Maze – Children answer questions about farm to maneuver their way through the maze
- TOUR THE PUMPKIN PATCH – Take a guided walk through the pumpkin patch.
- FRESH APPLE CIDER – Sample a cup of local fresh apple cider
- FARM TOUR GUIDE – All activities led by a farm tour guide
- Apple Cider Donuts – Optional: Reserve donuts for your group: $6.00/half-dozen.