Stepp's Hillcrest Orchard & Farm News
Friday, Oct. 9, we are picking Stayman apples and pumpkins. We will reevaluate availability of pick your own apples at the end of each day. A variety of prepicked apples are available in the Apple House. Today the apple cannon and jump pad will be open at 10:00. Apple cider donuts, apple fritters, apple cider slushies, and a variety of fudges will be available. Open today 9-6. No reservation is needed and admission is free.
Weekend Farm Fun, Oct. 3-4, 2020
Pick your own apples are quickly coming to an end due to a light crop, hail damage, and high demand. We can’t predict how long they will be available.
But this weekend at the farm you can:
- Pick your own pumpkin from the patch
- Shoot the apple cannon
- Navigate a 5 acre corn maze
- Take a wagon ride around the farm
- Jump on our new jump pad (weather permitting)
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with Ugly Pig BBQ
- Picnic in our covered picnic shed and take in the beautiful view
- Indulge in apple cider donuts, apple fritters, fried apple pies, caramel apple cookies, kettle corn, several flavors of fudge, and apple cider slushies as well as hot cider.
Hours: Monday – Saturday 9-6, Sunday 10-6
We accept credit cards and cash.
The weather looks great for spending a day on the farm.
The Weekend is Here,
What’s going on at the farm?
- Wide open spaces and fresh country air
- Pick your own apples – Golden Delicious, Cameo, Blushing Gold
- Weekend activities: wagon rides around the farm, apple cannon, corn maze, jump pad (weather permitting)
- Delicious eats – apple cider and pumpkin donuts, fried apple pies, apple fritters (while they last), fudge, caramel apple oatmeal cookies, kettle corn, apple cider slushies,
- Ugly Pig BBQ with smokin’ hot food (see menu below)
We are waiting on our next crop of sunflowers so stay tuned.
Reminder: driving in the orchard is not permitted on weekends.
The farm takes cash and credit cards.
Hours: Saturday 9-6, Sunday 10-6
Open rain or shine, some weekend activities may be temporarily closed due to rain.
Hope to see you at the farm.